Pour la version française cliquez ici.
We work together with companies (or public institution), supporting us by donating IT equipment upon renewal (or alternatively sponsoring the purchase of other used devices).
Currently we look for used laptops (<=10years age), smartphones and Ipads (<=6 years age) and computer mice (with cable or wireless). If interested, please contact us at email@example.com
Advantages of donating decommissioned IT equipment (or sponsoring it) to Digital Inclusion:
- Integral value transfer: 100% of the donated devices get re-distributed to people in need, for free. Unlike other circular economy models, none are resold or replaced by alternative devices. We distribute to a strictly chronological list of applicants, no class participation or any other returns are required. Eligibility for a free device is based on transparent socioeconomic and humanitarian criteria.
This is possible thank to our non-profit organization (a.s.b.l.) being publicly funded by the Oeuvre Grande-Duchesse Charlotte, the European Social Fund and the Ministry of Labour, covering the cost of our social re-use operations.
- Highest social and ecological impact in Luxembourg: all of our services are free and are delivered exclusively to people living in Luxembourg. Together with our public partnerships, we ensure local action within Luxembourg with a fully transparent solidarity-circular economy model.
- Creation of social employment in Luxembourg: currently half of our employees have a refugee background. Computers are re-furbished together with volunteers, mostly people without an occupation. Repair skills are taught in different modules in our computer workshop, and if successful, certificates are issued to the participants.
- Free collection of devices: Digital Inclusion can handle the transport of the devices. All transport costs are covered by us.
- Data safety:
- Option 1) we can take devices with or without data storage
- Option 2) You secure erase all data before donation (we can offer support work on you site)
- Option 3 We secure erase all data for you: we provide secure erasure with international standards (and GDPR compliance), and provide 1 digitally signed certificate for every donated device. Our software offers 20+ standards, in case you look for a specific one.
- Free services for people: beneficiaries of free devices are registered and are entitled to free support and repairs.
- Appropriate usage of devices: we engrave all laptops and smartphones (“digital-inclusion.lu – not for sale”), and ensure replacement with a newer device when a beneficiary returns. This way we want to ensure that devices are not resold and used by the beneficiary.
- Internal communication opportunities: we provide donation certificates as well as documents on our action that can be used by the company for their CSR report, and for intranet & internet communication. The donations can also be complemented by a collection of private IT devices between employees, letting them participate directly.
- External communication opportunities: for donations including 20 or more laptops, we can provide social media communication via our page, and/or printed stickers on the devices, naming the donor. The handling is completely covered by Digital Inclusion.
- Volunteering options for staff: we have experience with employee volunteering, the following has been done successfully in the past with companies that made larger donations of laptops:
– guided tour of our premises (including the workshop) near Luxembourg-Gare
– company internal collection of the employees private used e-devices
– volunteering with an employee team inside Digital Inclusion. This can for example be a hands-on IT workshop for people in need. We provide the audience, communication and an equipped class room.
- New service: if requested, we can also pick up other IT devices, as a courtesy. These other devices will not be reused nor refurbished in our workshop; instead, we will have them transferred to recycling partners.
- Insurance: all the devices we give out, including their batteries, are covered by our liability insurance.
Other forms of support: you can sponsor different parts of existing or additional programs, or you can sponsor devices for distribution.
|< 10 years and Intel Core-i (or AMD) CPU
|2017 or newer
|2018 or newer
|2017 or newer
|Iphone 8 or newer, Androids 2018 or newer – Old phones can be send by Mobile Bag (www.mobile-bag.lu)
|2017 or newer and supporting Ventura minimum