We work together with companies, supporting us by donating IT equipment upon renewal. (or alternatively sponsoring the purchase of other used devices)
Currently we look for used laptops and smartphones. If interested, please contact us at email@example.com
Advantages of donating decommissioned IT equipment (or sponsoring it) to Digital Inclusion:
- Integral value transfer: 100% of the donated devices get re-distributed to people in need, for free. Unlike other circular economy models, none are resold or replaced by alternative devices. We distribute to a strictly chronological list of applicants, no class participation or any other returns are required. Eligibility for a free device is based on transparent socioeconomic and humanitarian criteria.
This is possible thank to our non-profit organization (a.s.b.l.) being publicly funded by the Oeuvre Grande-Duchesse Charlotte, the European Social Fund and the Ministry of Labour, covering the cost of our social re-use operations.
- Highest social and ecological impact in Luxembourg: all of our services are free and are delivered exclusively to people living in Luxembourg. Together with our public partnerships, we ensure local action within Luxembourg with a fully transparent solidarity-circular economy model.
- Creation of social employment in Luxembourg: currently half of our employees have a refugee background. computers are re-furbished together with volunteers, mostly people without an occupation. Repair skills are taught in different modules in our computer workshop, and if successful, certificates are issued to the participants.
- Free collection of devices: Digital Inclusion can handle the transport of the devices. All transport costs are covered by us.
- Data safety: We can take laptops with or without hard drive/SSD, ensuring full data integrity. Digital Inclusion can perform secure data erasing with a certificate, if the company wishes.
- Free services for people: beneficiaries of free devices are registered, and are entitled to free support and repairs.
- Appropriate usage of devices: We engrave all laptops and smartphones (“digital-inclusion.lu – not for sale “), an ensure replacement with a newer device when a beneficiary returns. This way we want to ensure that devices are not resold, and used by the beneficiary.
- Internal communication opportunities: We provide donation certificates as well as documents on our action that can be used by the company for their CSR report, and for intranet&internet communication. The donations can also be complemented by a collection of private IT devices between employees, letting them participate directly.
- External communication opportunities: for donations including 20 or more laptops, we can provide social media communication via our page, and/or printed stickers on the devices, naming the donor. The handling is completely covered by Digital Inclusion
- Volunteering options for staff: we have experience with employee volunteering, the following has been done successfully in the past with companies that made larger donations of laptops:
– guided tour of our premises (including the workshop) near Luxembourg-Gare
– company internal collection of the employees private used e-devices
– volunteering with an employee team inside Digital Inclusion. This can for example be a hands-on IT workshop for people in need. We provide the audience, communication and an equipped class room.
- Other forms of support: you can sponsor different parts of existing or additional programs, or you can sponsor devices for distribution
If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org